Another autumn-inspired recipe while it’s still pumpkin season! These are so very easy to make! They’re so moist and taste so decadent. I love them for breakfast with a cup of chai tea or or coffee. They also make a great dessert or between meal snack. As always, post your comments and photos! Enjoy!
You can replace the honey or maple syrup with granulated stevia but I suggest using the honey or syrup because of the moisture they add. The calories/added sugar from such a small amount is really negligible divided over 12-15 muffins. However if you choose to use granulated stevia use 1/3 cup (the brand that measures like sugar....I use Great Value from Walmart) BUT add an additional 3 tbsp of water so that you make up for lost moisture.
• 4 eggs • 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée • ¼ cup coconut oil, melted • ¼ cup maple syrup or honey • ¼ cup tapioca flour • ½ cup coconut flour • 1 tsp baking soda • 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
• 1 tbsp granulated stevia
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Instructions 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare muffin tin with cupcake liners or clean spray cooking oil.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, coconut oil, and maple syrup or honey. 3. Add tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon to the bowl of wet ingredients. Combine well. 4. Scoop muffin batter evenly into muffin tin (I used one that makes 12 muffins). Bake for 20 minutes.
5. While they’re cooking, combine the topping spices (granulated stevia, cinnamon and pumpkin spice) in a small bowl.
6. Once cooled, brush muffins with a little melted coconut oil and then dust with the spice/stevia blend. You can also drizzle a little extra honey on top for extra flavor!!