This is one of my favorite summer desserts. Despite its decadence, it’s a clean recipe (as always). It’s perfect after a barbecue OR as the finishing touch to a fancy date night dinner. And these are so easy and quick to make. I always serve these with whipped coconut cream. I’ve posted that recipe before but I’ll describe it again here. As always, please post your photos & comments and enjoy!
The “French Toast” honey is very simple to make but if you need a shortcut, just use plain honey and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Another shortcut is to use a microwave to make the honey but you need to make sure not to burn the ingredients by overcooking them. I prefer to use the stovetop.
Also, in this photo, you can see I served these with a touch of powdered sugar and a scoop of ice cream. Those are optional since we’re keeping it clean. (But just FYI, that’s one of my favorite ice creams — blueberry lavender. If you’d like to, feel free to serve with sorbet or even coconut milk ice cream.)
Lastly- for the timing of this dish, I make the whipped coconut cream first and then refrigerate it. Next I pit and slice the peaches. I make the honey last.
Ingredients- (for the French Toast Honey & Peaches)
• 2-3 firm but ripe peaches, pitted & sliced into 1-inch thick slices
• 4 Tbsp honey
• 2 tsp ghee or solid coconut oil
• 1/4 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Directions- (for the French Toast honey & Peaches)
1. In a small sauce pan, heat the ghee or coconut oil and add the honey, stirring frequently to combine them well.
2. Add the vanilla and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
3. Cook until the mixture is just heated through. (Don’t let it boil or burn).
4. Brush the peaches (flesh sides) lightly with the honey and place on the grill or into a hot pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side of the peach flesh, until just browned and heated through.
5. Remove from heat, plate with whipped coconut cream, and brush again with additional honey. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon to finish.
Ingredients- (for whipped coconut cream)
• 1-2 cans of coconut cream, refrigerated for at least an hour
• 1 Tbsp granulated stevia or honey
Directions- (for whipped coconut cream)
1. In a medium or large bowl, combine the solid part of the coconut cream with the honey or stevia. (I save the liquid part of the cream for my smoothies & shakes).
2. With a hand mixer or whisk, whip the cream with the sweetener until it stiffens & peaks form.