Here’s another favorite!
I served over brown rice & topped with coconut milk yogurt and diced avocado
Only 280 calories for 1 cup of chili.
My meal total (with avocado, coconut yogurt, & brown rice) was 537 calories. That was ALOT of food. And, again, the kids' boyfriends had 3 servings!! (They make great guinea pigs!! Lol...)
• 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
• 2 Tbsp avocado, pumpkin or coconut oil
• 1 can each red, white, black beans (drain)
• 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes (w/juice)
• 1 can raw pumpkin
• 1 cup vegetable stock or broth
• 2 diced yellow peppers (green is ok too)
• 3 cloves minced garlic (fresh or jar)
• 1 small onion, diced (or use chopped frozen)
• 1 pkg chili seasoning (I use McCormick)
• 1-2 tsp extra cumin (to taste)
• 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
• 1 tsp red chili flakes
• 1-2 tsp each (black) salt & pepper
1. Brown meat in oil
2. Add garlic, onion, peppers, chili flakes. Cook until onions soften.
3. Add in beans, tomatoes, pumpkin purée, broth, spices, & chili seasoning.
4. Cover & simmer on low for 20 minutes.