So the last few days (since the snowstorm on the east coast), I’ve had a run on requests for warm, cozy, comforting recipes like chili and stew. I’ve tagged those folks in older posts where I can or sent screenshots. But I figured it’s time to make them official Chrissy’s Kitchen posts! There are a few of them. I’ll post one at a time. As always, please post your comments and photos and enjoy!!
• 1 pound ground chicken
• 2 sea bass filets, cut into chunks
• 1/2 pound small scallops
• 1/2 pound small shrimp (peeled, deveined)
• 2 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil
• 2 cans white beans
• 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
• 1 cup chicken stock or broth
• 1 can coconut milk
• 2 diced yellow/red peppers
• 1 white sweet potato (diced)
• 3 cloves minced garlic (fresh or jar)
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1 pkg chili seasoning (I use McCormick)
• 1-2 tsp extra cumin (to taste)
• 1 tsp red chili flakes
• 1-3 tbsp tapioca flour (for thickening)
• 1-2 tsp each salt & pepper
1. In a large pot, brown meat in oil.
2. Add garlic, onion, peppers, sweet potato & chili flakes. Cook until onions & potatoes soften.
3. Add in beans, tomatoes, broth, spices, coconut milk & chili seasoning.
4. Cover & simmer on low for 10 minutes.
5. Add fish, shrimp & scallops and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
7. Add tapioca flour, only as necessary, to thicken. (I usually wind up adding 3 tablespoons to get the consistency I like).