I know some folks prefer the canned cranberry sauce, but I just can’t do that anymore since I’ve seen the additives and sugar contents! This is so easy to make, super clean and a great topping for ANY part of your holiday meal! And it just looks so pretty on the table! As always, enjoy and please post your comments & photos!
* 1 lb raw, fresh cranberries
* 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (use fresh oranges or no-sugar-added OJ)
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1/4 tsp allspice
* 2-3 tbsp water
* 1 tbsp honey
* 1 tbsp granulated stevia
1. Place cranberries, allspice, orange juice, and lemon juice, in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, occasionally stirring.
2. After boiling a few minutes, cranberries will begin to pop open. Continue to stir.
3. Once they have popped, stir in the stevia, honey, and 2 tbsp water.
4. Allow the mixture to cool and thicken before serving. If the mixture is thicker than desired, whisk in the additional water.