This delicious biscuit/dinner roll recipe also makes delicious grain free burger buns! For that recipe, just skip the muffin tin and roll the batter into balls and place them directly onto a prepared cookie sheet. I served these biscuits along with some homemade honey butter as an accompaniment to the Apple Fennel Parsnip Soup.
• 4 eggs
• 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 3/4 cup tapioca flour
• 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp coconut flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Grease a standard-sized muffin pan with a little coconut oil or use clean cooking spray.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup/honey and apple cider vinegar.
4. Stir in the tapioca starch, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
5. Allow the batter to rest or “proof” for a few minutes and firm up (this allows the coconut flour to hydrate).
6. Using an ice cream scoop (if you have one) divide the mixture evenly into 6 muffin cups.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the biscuits comes out clean.