Pan-Seared Citrus Garlic Shrimp • Lemon Pepper Grilled Asparagus • Lime-Zested Peruvian Spices Brown
Hey there Chrissy’s Kitchen Family!! So I’ve had SOOOOO many requests for my shrimp meal prep recipe that I posted yesterday it’s become absolutely NECESSARY for me to post it! Lol. I swear it’s so easy you guys aren’t gonna need me anymore! So without much preamble, I will get right to it!!! PLEASE PLEASE post your PHOTOS & comments!! Enjoy!
• 2lbs shrimp (large size 16-20U, peeled & deveined...frozen is fine!)
• my Lemon Garlic Marinade (previously posted, slightly modified)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp McCormick Peruvian Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp each sea salt & ground pepper
• 1 package frozen grilled Trader Joe’s asparagus
- 1-2 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
• 1-2 packages Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice
- zest of one lime
- 1-2 tsp Peruvian Seasoning
- salt to taste
1. Make the marinade and place the raw, peeled shrimp in it. Refrigerate & let marinate for 30-45 minutes.
2. While the shrimp is marinating, prepare the asparagus and the brown rice according to package directions. Set aside & keep them hot. (Or do it later.... closer to when you’re cooking the shrimp.) Season the cooked rice with the ingredients listed above (Peruvian Seasoning, S/P, lime zest.) Cmbine well. Season the asparagus with the lemon pepper & sea salt.
3. Heat 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil in a large skillet. Carefully place the shrimp into the skillet (there will be splatter!) Cook the shrimp for approximately 3 minutes on each side... you want to start to see a nice crispy golden color (but don’t over cook them!)
4. Plate the pan-seared shrimp over the seasoned rice and arrange the seasoned asparagus next to it. (I use a 1/2 pint deli container to plate my rice by filling it tightly & then inverting it onto the plate. Looks fancy! Lol.)
5. Top off the shrimp & rice with a little extra lime zest and a small amount of flour de sel (if you have any of this amazing finishing salt).
That’s it!!! Took me maybe 12 minutes total to cook and plate (not including marinating time). Served about 8 shrimp per person, 2/3 cup of rice & 7-8 asparagus spears: 495 calories for the WHOLE PLATE!!! Enjoy my friends!! 🍋👩🏼🍳🔪
Here’s the Peruvian Seasoning I used.
Here’s the Fleur De Sel that I used